Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am so grateful for the people in my life that I know well and that know me. To be really known by someone is truly a gift. It can definitely be painful as these are the people who can hurt you the most as Bono puts it in his latest song, "Magnificent" Only love can leave such a mark, only love, only love can leave such a scar. These are the people that encourage your growth, challenge you to things you didn't deem possible, comfort and support you in times of great need and who truly love you for who you are.

As I embark on my journey of life I need to be able to be engaged in activities that call me forth, that ignite my passion, that use my gifts and that benefit the community. I am grateful to be able to spend time with my children but I also need time away. I need time to spend developing parts of myself that do not have anything to do with my children. This way I can encourage them to live their own lives.

"You can't forget the fact that you're a parent when your living room, dining room and kitchen are cluttered with baby gear, barbie dolls and miniture characters."

No comments: